Thursday, May 8, 2008

Iron Man and Forgetting Sarah Marshal

This past weekend I actually took off for a change and went to the movies. A couple weeks prior I went to go see the Forbidden Kingdom which was the first movie I had seen in the theaters in a very long time. Which I was actually impressed with, based off the trailers I saw, I really didn't expect much for the film. But I did like the story and the action scenes. There was also a decent amount of comedy through the film which I enjoyed.

Jon Favreau did a great job with Iron Man. I had heard a lot about the film and its not always good to follow all the hype. I was interested to see how the film was shot, since a lot of it takes place in the day and I knew they were experimenting with some different camera techniques. All of which I think came out very well. I had also heard about all the training and working out that Robert Downey Jr. had to do for the role. He hasn't played a super hero type in the past and new that was something of a concern for the film. He did a great job though, I was really impressed all around and glad I saw the film. I don't know how true to the story of Iron Man the film stayed to, I've known of Iron man and followed some of the story lines but it wasn't the main comic for me growing up. However, I enjoyed the movie, and again besides the action, I found myself laughing at several parts.

Forgetting Sarah Marshal. Now I know a few people that could really benefit from this film but they will never take away a very central message. Which would be, Forget your ex, move on. Of course its always easier said than done. I thought it was well written, the cast was great, (Mila Kunis is amazing, I'd ask her out if I ever met her), and the locations, I can't believe how much I want to head back to Hawaii right now. The movie is worth seeing in the theaters and if you miss it in the theaters you might as well just buy it when it comes out. Its everything you expect, I would say I liked it a lot more than Knocked Up, probably more than 40 year old Virgin also.

Its been a very long and busy week, working again this weekend, so I am going to cut this very short. Hope you can get out and enjoy a few shows.

No comments: