Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ne-Yo, Alicia Keys Concert

On the 10th Ne-Yo and Alicia Keys were in San Jose performing at the HP Pavilion. I'm actually a fan of both artists and was really looking forward to the show. I was headed out there once again with the Ladies from SF News. It was set up for us to interview Ne-Yo and then head inside for Alicia's performance. However, with the 101 different people that we were coordinating with prior to the event and the number of times the plans changed. It was no surprise when things didn't work out as planned.

Sadly we never got to go inside for the Alicia Keys' performance because some miss communication and a rather angry security guard. (I should say though everyone else was helpful)

We were still able to meet up with Ne-Yo and held a short interview before he had to go on stage. Of course you will have to check out SF News for all the details of the interview. Things went well, once we got in it was an easy set up and wait kind of situation as usual. But once he got there and we were going to start, I was really impressed with how personable and grounded he really was. Very polite, came in and shook everyones hand, said hello and the interview got started. Its great to continually met others in the industry and related industries that have made a huge succses for themselves yet don't let it get to their head. I had a good time at the interview, it's great to be around very positive people.

After the interview of course there was some mix ups and we were not allowed to stay for the Alicia keys concert but hopefully we'll meet up with her next time she heads through the area.

No comments: